Overall Goal & Supporting Objectives
The overall goal of the project is to build greater public awareness, understanding and support for each participating TCU throughout their communities, states, and broader regions.
The supporting objectives for the pilot project include:
- Establish and build trusting relationships with the college presidents and support staff from the participating TCUs
- Determine a baseline of past media coverage received by the participating TCUs in local, state, national and Native American media channels
- Develop a year-long PR plan for each of the TCUs, including key performance indicators (KPIs) for measuring growth of PR coverage in the above-mentioned media channels
- Train the participating TCU team members on how to identify and pitch good stories to the targeted media outlets
- Assist the participating TCU team members in pitching and measuring earned media coverage for 12 months in the markets where the TCUs are located and creatively seek ways to amplify coverage. Develop speaking points for TCU officials on stories to build the skillset of the TCUs to handle PR internally in one year.